Translate

Navigate

Thursday 2 May 2024

Inside the Cozy Ovaries of the North American Walrus

 


I know, it seems like the only time I ever make a post is when I'm having some kind of breakdown, but honestly, that's when I've needed escape the most, so obviously that's when this little refuge hits so differently. I can't deny I've been super stressed out for about the past year, but legit - I'm still recovering from 2023, which I can honestly say nearly fucking broke me entirely. I've never in my life had so many things go so wrong and I've never wanted more to just dissolve into the floorboards and never exist again.


I'm still on track with learning new drawing skills - I'm working on anime/manga right now. I want to do those big happy, shiny eyed expressive faces and add some chibi skill to my bucket of shock and awe.  I've been finding discounted books and snatching them up right away. Y'all knew that the images thus far in this blog were all AI, right? I would never claim art unless it was actually mine. Ew. Maybe someday I won't need to generate illustrations...




Yesterday was indeed a day, though. The tales I have to tell!   



I had to go uptown to SNB to renew my photo ID and since it had expired; I had to take a basket full of mail to see what would actually work because apparently a light or phone bill will work, but a bank statement will not, etc. So I just handed the lady my past 9 months of mail from my current address and asked her to pick out which ones were valid to the cause. $52 and 1 awkward photo later - I'll receive my ID in the mail in the next 14 days. 



Ohhhh my bank - I downgraded my account a few days ago, and they hit me with $46 of transaction fees from the month before because apparently your monthly fee is not for the month ahead but for the month behind (the account I downgraded to only allows 10 transactions and they got me with a fee for every Interac use from the month prior - again, with zero warning) however since nowhere did it state that in *any* of the contracts I've signed with them, I did eventually get the fees reversed but only after politely threatening to cancel my account altogether and using the term "predatory fees" which I think signaled that I was smart enough to escalate if need be. After visiting the cashier at the bank and making a calm 30 minute call to the 800# to discuss the above, I did receive a refund and finally, a speech thanking me for choosing their bank. 



Also, I discovered that my darling Weemale actually likes sushi - during his second try, he took small bites of mine and realized that he simply wasn't prepared for the textures last time and felt a bit overwhelmed.  Today he tried more of my whole plate and it seems I've cultivated another raw fish eater into my little army...



So today I'm legit ten different flavors of utterly exhausted and for the most part I'm just reading and doing a whole lot of nothing - my chores are good enough, and I'm making southern styly chicken tenders with cheesy mac and creamed corn for supper. 


And then tomorrow I'll get back on the wheel and run again but for today I'm a tired, achy mess and that's absolutely okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Would you like to do something sweet? *click here*
- For author bio & art tool credits, please *click here*

** Please Note** Comments are moderated for your safety and comfort - thank you so much for your patience and understanding 🥰😘