Translate

Navigate

Sunday 21 July 2024

This song that I sing for you..

 


Summer was made for poetry... ($10 cost for the entire stack at my local book thrift - actual value: priceless)

I saw these in a freshly brought out stack and as I was flipping through the pages (with the intent of only buying one as a little treat) i could not decide which was more interesting to me. So I broke and bought all of them because at $2 each, clearly I was the winner in this situation. 

I don't know if it's just because I'm getting old now but there are a lot of things from my youth that I've redeveloped interest in simply because I now have more time or maybe I can feel my mortality creeping up on me and I guess either I'm grasping or I'm reminiscing but either way; it feels lovely to revisit things I used to love without the spicy judgement of youth telling me there are more exciting pursuits available. 

yes, I do miss my youth but I'll be goddamned if I miss the constant expectation to live a certain way and at a certain speed, forsaking anything that brings you joy just because there's a pattern already cut out for your life that you didn't approve but it's the only way you're supposed to do things because they said so.

Or maybe I'm just too neurospicy to exist, but I've always been a paradox of unlikelihood, so whatever - game on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

- Would you like to do something sweet? *click here*
- For author bio & art tool credits, please *click here*

** Please Note** Comments are moderated for your safety and comfort - thank you so much for your patience and understanding 🥰😘